Diablo 3 stuck at updating tools 100
We can always see how it’s supposed to look in windows later.So after updating wine to the latest git version (wine-1.3.28-308-gae80430) and creating a new prefix we run the installer: [email protected]:/storage$ mkdir diablo3 && cd diablo3 [email protected]:/storage/diablo3$ export WINEPREFIX=/storage/diablo3/[email protected]:/storage/diablo3$ winecfg # Make sure everything is allright [email protected]:/storage/diablo3$ wine Diablo-III-Beta-en At some point this thing seemed to be stuck doing nothing useful.Telling it to install in Not only did I see the bar go up, but I could also see files appear in the destination folder.If Diablo 3 is like World of Warcraft it will happily run after copying over those files, or at least, that’s the new plan.I have tried to shutdown my firewall, taken away the from task manager and deleted the file, but my installation is still stuck at 10% and have been so over an hour now.When I stop the all that happens is that my installation goes back down to 0% and stay there until I quit it and have to reinstall it again, where I get the same problems as before... According to a few posts on the official forums, it's not necessary to delete the entire folder, just the 'agent' folder inside the folder. I am however looking for an alternative solution as the above doesnt work for me.This morning my mailbox opened up with an email inviting me to the Diablo 3 Beta.After checking the headers to make sure it wasn’t another battlenet phishing scam I noticed that the Received headers really came from blizzard.com, and they even signed the mail with a domainkey.
You could also try to do the same but start your windows in Safe Mode with Network and run the installer.
Back in Windows (7) the installer did pretty much the same as under wine.
First the dialog with the tools, then the setup files, and then the graphical installer.
maybe it's something else for me because it still just won't work =( Hope it works for everyone else, maybe I'll find something that works for me! reset everything (uninstalled etc) followed the steps EXACTLY as they are posted and it worked.
No idea if its that important, but if you haven't I suggest doing it step by step exactly as posted. I have been doing this for about an hour, following each step over and over...